If you’re a fan of cosplay, you probably already know about the best conventions in the world. You might even have your favorite animal costumes and characters in mind for them.
But if you’re looking to do something different this year, here are some creative cosplay ideas that may just spark your imagination:
Table of Contents
You will need a white sheet, a blue sheet, and two pink sheets. You can use any color you like for the mane or tail, but we went with yellow because it matches our unicorn’s horn!
- Cut out the shape of your unicorn’s body from the white sheet using scissors or an X-Acto knife.
- Cut out a neck hole from one of your blue sheets using scissors or an X-Acto knife. This will be your unicorn’s head!
- Cut out 1-2 long strips from both of your pink sheets depending on how big you want to make your mane and tail (we used 3). Then cut those strips into smaller pieces (1-2 inches), so now you have lots of little strands for your mane/tail! Use these pieces to create a curly French braid around the edge of one side of the head opening until it covers up everything but one eye hole – this will be where they see while they’re having fun playing with their friends 🙂
- Once done braiding all around this opening, secure with a glue stick, then attach onto the body by sticking through a hole at the top center (you may need help getting everything lined up properly).
If you don’t want to go through all that effort, you can just order an enchanted unicorn costume online. There are lots of places like Smiffts that offer costumes for all occasions and sizes.
To begin, you’ll need to grab the following materials:
- A black wig (or one that you already have)
- Black makeup (or makeup you already have)
- Cow ears (you can buy these online or at a costume store)
Once you’ve gathered all of your materials, it’s time to get started! First, put on your wig and make sure it looks good. Next, start applying the black makeup to your face for a cow like look. Once this is done, add on the cow ears by sticking them into your hair and securing them with bobby pins if necessary.
Lion costumes are easy to make. All you need is a t-shirt, pillowcase, sheet or garbage bag. If you’re feeling particularly creative, you could even cut out a lion’s face from an old pillowcase and use that as your costume!
You can make a dinosaur costume by using a dinosaur costume pattern and a tutorial. You can buy or download the pattern and follow the steps in the tutorial to make your own.
There are many different styles of dinosaurs, so you should choose one that you like and then find a pattern for it. If you want to go all out with your design, try making several different types of dinosaurs at once!
The inanimate object costume is a great way to make your own custom cosplay. You can use anything you want as an outfit, but here are some suggestions:
- Cardboard box (like the ones used for shipping)
- Hat, wig, scarf, or t-shirt
- Sunglasses or mask (which can also be worn with other costumes)
- Shoes and gloves
There are many different ideas for cosplay, but these are just a few that you can try in 2019. The best part about cosplay is that it doesn’t matter what kind of character you want to be, as long as you have fun with it!